Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unbelievable~~

A friend from a local college asked for my help today. She needs to prepare a speech for her public speaking assignment. The title is

Students are required to present a persuasive speech on topic of sex or violent influence in the mass media.

When I saw the topic, I was like 'Huh??".. 'What is that??'..

I tried to figure out what the title is about but I was not sure about it. Thus I asked Kenn.

JJTan
do u understand this whole thing?
JJTan
i don really understand..
JJTan
gt grammatical errors rite??
Kenn
not really
Kenn
just that they put it in a kinda....er hard to understand way
Kenn
it means u have to write a persuasive speech
JJTan
it means influence of mass medis in the related topics?
Kenn
persuade ppl to believe/ or u give examples of how contents of the media mass influences sex and violence
Kenn
erm the sentence does have a little grammatical error here and there...

I agree with him and told my friend what the question wants. Then she told me, according to the lecturer's explaination, 'mass media uses sex and violence related topics to attract readers nowadays, state your arguement'. When I heard that, I stunned. The question and the lecturer's explaination are totally different.. According to the explaination, I believe the question should be something like this.

Mass media is using sex and violence related stuffs to attract readers. Prepare a speech and state your arguement.

Unbelievable.. His england is unbelievable.. How can a person like that became a tutor?? A public speaking tutor summore?? What's wrong with the academic personnel department of that college located at Cheras?? Sigh~~ Speechless I am..

No comments: