Monday, June 9, 2008

Floorball, PTPY

Floorball is quite a new game in Malaysia. It was introduced in Malaysia around 4 or 5 years ago. Thus, I believe only a few people had heard about it.

Floorball is used as a medium for the prevention of addiction in the troubled neighbourhoods of the world, especially in third world countries and in most of the developing nations. You must be wondering, how to play?? What's the rules?? Basically, it is something like ice-hockey. But the roughness of the game and the size of the balls(of the players as well) differ. You can get more info from here and here.

But anyway, I was introduced to this game by Suleen, one of my besties in uni. She asked me to join the floorball practice. Since I was bored, agreed I was. It was not easy to play at first but then, after a few times, when I was able to pass properly, I started to like this game. The club I belong to is Minden Unihawks Floorball Club under USM.

Anyway last Saturday, I went to Penang to participate a floorball tournament and to see my gf. The latter one was the main reason though, it was her birthday.. Anyway, the rules and regulations were quite different. It was not like we play in our own team. We registered individually but we played in a group of three. We were asked to play 3 games with random selected teammates. After three games, the top three scorer will go to the next round. The name of the tournament is 'Play in a Team, Play for Yourself'(PTPY). Still don't understand?? Read the rules from here.

I was kindof unprepared before going there. I registered myself on the 1st of june which was one week before the tournament. I did practice a bit at home but it was useless. What I needed was a proper practice with a buddy. I did practice once with Kenn but we were just fooling around. Somemore we were nicely playing with a kid. Sigh~~

Then, before the tournament started, I knew that I was there not to win, was just for the sake of playing floorball. My mindset was just play hard, give my best, and that's it. Then, I can continue my day with my beloved gf.


But well, luck was with me(must be due to all the good things I did). My team won once, draw once and lost once on the first round. And with that, I automatically entered second round. Then, in the second round, my team won twice in three games and then, I was in the finals.

Throughout the game, there were ups and downs. There was a time where I got disappointed by my teammate~~

There were times where I accidentally let the ball masuk and didn't play properly as well.


But anyhow, in the finals, my team won 2 games out of three and that made me the 1st runner up of the day.

One of the final matches

I didn't see that coming and it was pure luck. My first medal in floorball tournament. Haha. Anyhow, I was, in fact all of the players were tired and dying. If someone or anyone wanna get laid, it will be a 有心无力 case. My energy was drained and I was exhausted to the max.

Anyway, floorball is a fun game. I think people who read this blog should try this brand new game and lets 'floorballing' together-gether yaa..

No comments: