Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A job I would recommend

I went back to the place where I worked previously to settle some things today. When I stepped into the school compound, I stumbled. What should I do when the pupils call me? What should I answer when they ask where I have been? Sigh~~

Although being a teacher is troublesome, hell loads of work, never-ending books to be marked, excessive reports and being bullied by some teachers, still, I kindof love the job.

It feels great when the pupils call me Teacher Tan, Cikgu Tan, Mr. Tan or mostly 陈老师. Whenever I walk pass the classrooms, or anywhere, there will be pupils calling my name and trying to 'manja-manja' with me. Sometimes, I even play with them, make them run around like mad cows. The feeling is so undescribably great. During Teacher's Day, the feeling was so phenomenal when the pupils actually made me some cards and some even gave me some presents. I felt appreciated. Kids are monsters, they can make you angry yet at the same time, you feel sweet in heart.

But too bad, whenever I feel pressured, stressed or in a bad mood, I will kacau my pupils. They don't really dare to talk to me when that happens. Well, undeniable, sometimes(only), I use caning to release some of the stress. Pity them, haha.. But most of the time, I play with them. Hehe-haha here and there. Seriously, I like to have conversation with them and get to know them.

I just love kids, probably due to the paedophile-ness in me. Only if I can have my own kids without needing me to be responsible to the mom of them. I am way too young to get married.

But sadly to say, teaching is not a job for me. The salary is way too little. I need hell a lot of money to carry out my plans and dreams. Only if Malaysia is some countries like Japan where they give a lot of financial support to the teachers. In Japan, they need to sit for exams in order to be a teacher whereas in Malaysia, to be honest, most of the teachers suck in their studies, be it in uni or in secondary school. They became teachers mostly because they do not have much choice, especially primary school teachers. They might seem knowledgeable but many teachers in my school can't even speak normal english and some of them even use broken BM. It's a sad truth.

Anyway, if anyone of you are trying to get a job, added on that you like kids, I would recommend you to be a teacher. It's a good experience and the paid is quite good for a part-time job with excessive leisure and entertainment. Haha..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

陳老師,should i show this entry to 李老師?

lol,u shd noe who m i right now...

by,
LJL

SillyTan said...

Hooi, JL, don't la.. Although all the things i stated there are true but better not let them see la.. Later i donno how 2 face them.. btw, i said most teachers la, n she is not in the group..

AhKenn said...

Since when did jj started giving a damn? I tot u damn thick skin one?

SillyTan said...

F u la.. thick skin?? thick dick got la.. haha..