Saturday, June 14, 2008

Totally random

It was another typical Friday night. My friends and I were hanging out at Hide, Menjalara. Then after a while, out of no where(can't remember the idea came from who, any idea guys??), we decided to do jungle-trekking at Templer Park in the middle of the night on that day itself. Hoho.

All the guys were excited(at least I was). Then we started to plan on basically everything in half an hour. Then off we go.

But there was a guy whose-name-should-not-be-mentioned didn't go with us. According to him, he has an appointment with a doctor and a lot of other stuffs to do on the next day. That's why he needs to stay at home and have a good rest. Well, only he, himself know best what the real reason is.


Then, all of us gathered at my house. We planned to drive there by using my cute little car.


It reminds me of the good old days where all of us travel here and there by using this car, especially for our biology project a few years back.


Anyway, before leaving, we went to a park near my house to get some twigs and small branches for the fire later on.



As usual, a 'cute' action by Kenn, the idiot..

Then, after getting all the drinks and chips from 7-eleven, off we ciao. By the way, it was 1.40 in the morning yet we were darn bersemangat, the excitement was sooo in the air.

After 20 minutes of driving, we reached our destination, Templer Park. It was darn dark and kind of scary that time. We can't really see other without the aid of a torchlight.

From the map, we realized that we need to walk for 2 km before reaching the waterfall.

Then, we started discussing on 'what to do' when 'undesirable' situations happen. We had three major foreseeable problems which are attack from wildboars, attack from homo sapiens and lastly, met with un-invited guest. Personally, I was quite looking forward on the latter problem. Anyway, after equiping ourselves with weapons, we started to walk into the jungle.

We walked in a formation of 2-2-2. I was the first guy whereas Kien Yee was the last man. All of us, except Kenn and my sis are very farmiliar with this place. After all, we have been camping at there since form 1.

Before we entered the jungle, some of us need to reply call of nature. I guess we can create our own 'waterfall'. Hoho..

Throughout the journey, we crossed 7 small bridges if I am not mistaken. There were a few obstacles as well. Our path were blocked by the bamboos and some confusing pathway. If we have taken the wrong path, probably we will ended up in Seremban, who knows? But, luckily I was the front guy, I led all of us to the right place. Hoho..



After an hour of walking, finally we reached our destination. But, we didn't dip ourselves in the water due to the last foreseeable problem I mentioned above. The waterfall is very famous for 'that' at night. We have heard 'stories' about it since don't know when~~ Who knows, it might be true and obviously we didn't want to take the risk.

Then, we began to start the fire to avoid attacks from the wild boar. We heard a lot of squeaky noice and I think it was from the wild boars.



We started to talk crap and the makan session(Kenn's fav) began. Kenn was whiiiiiiniiiiiiingggggg non-stop all the way due to hunger since from the beginning of the journey.
Then, we began to share our funny stories and reminisce the happy moments in Templer. In those days, we managed to catch a snake(by using my fish net) and we attempted to catch a wild boar(almost got it). It was so darn fun.




A video of us talking crap.



Then, I realized a leech is sucking my blood. Guess what, of course I didn't simply let it go. I sprayed some salt on it and then put it into a bottle of salt and threw it into the fire.

After killing the leech, my leg didn't stop bleeding. But since it wasn't painful at all, I just let it dry by it own. It took an hour to dry. Damn, blood sucker..




A video of me killing the leech.. Hoho~~


Then, we started to pack as the time was around 4.30am.

On the journey back, we saw something on the floor. At first we thought there were two huge fireflies but apparently, it's not.

They are some weird, bioluminescent mushrooms. I wonder, is it edible?? Should ask Kenn to try, our guinea pig~~ Hoho..

Before leaving the place, we took some photos as remembrance. Pity my sister, she is always the camera-lady~~



When we reached home, it was already 6 in the morning. Kenn even suggested bak-kut-teh as breakfast but we were a bit tired so, we totally ignored him. Haha..

It was pretty dangerous when I started to think back. I even brought my sister with us. If anything happened, is it bearable?? But well, it's all for the name of silly adventure.. And most importantly , we are still in 1 piece and still alive..

4 comments:

AaRoN lEE said...

COOL man...

SillyTan said...

Is dat a genuine comment or with inverted commas?? Anyhow, interested joining when u hv activities similar to this?? ahaha..

Anonymous said...

wao...jungle treking at middle of the nite,tis kind of activity,next time must ask me ma...surely i'll join if i can sneak out without my parents knowing it la.

SillyTan said...

haha, ok ok.. srely will inform u.. lol..