Monday, June 23, 2008

Fishing is boring

Fishing is my dad’s hobby. He goes fishing whenever he has time. Anyway, I was introduced by Kenn into this boring thingy. He finished his diploma in fishery and going to Tasmania to study i-think-it's-about-fish-again(What’s your course aa, u nv tell me la). Thus, fishing is kind of his thing..

The first time I went fishing was last year at a lake near our housing area. I got nothing that day but Kenn got a few tilapias. Another buddy, Kien Yee got a small tilapia as well. I was the only one who went home empty-handed. WTF..

Anyway, last Friday, it was my second fishing trip. We drove all the way to Kuala Selangor to try our luck. The road was rather congested but we had some fun in the car. That idiot’s car is spacious where we can put our legs straight.



I was quite excited. I even tried my new ‘pusing-pusing thingy’(crap, I forgot the name of that thing again) in the car.

I dreamt of catching a shark the night before. Thus without catching a fish, I am not going BACK, that was what in my mind. Even a nibble will do.

When we reached KS, we parked our car in front of a restaurant and walked into the kampung to find a fishing spot. Then, we found one yet~~

But who cares, no one will give a damn and halau us right?

Then, we started to connect our fishing rod, put the bait on and bla bla bla.

We bought some small fishes and a small bag of earth worm as baits.

Then, Kenn teached me how to use the 'spoon', it's a kind of fake bait which is 'wadeva' to me. I just want to get at least a fish, that's all..

When it was my time to do it, everyone was like running far far away from me. Crappy betul, as if like I will accidentally 'kenakan' the hook on them. Do I look like a noob?

It was noon and unexpectedly we were attacked, yes, ATTACKED by gazillion blood suckers. We sent Ming and Kien Yee to a grocery store nearby on an important mission of getting Shieldtox asap.

Seriously, Shieldtox was our life saver. Without it, we might dried up in half an hour. Basically, we have to put it everywhere. The mosquitos were like hungry as if they have never been sucking blood for years~~

Luckily it was very effective, 99% of the mosquitos were gone in seconds. Finally, we can do our thing without disturbance.

Half an hour passed, but we got nothing. It was a time where our patience were truly tested. The bait kept on missing and boredom started to strike. Then, suddenly, Ming shouted that Kien Yee might got something.

It was really something and it looked heavy. I was standing aside watching and in a short while, what a 'huge fish' he got.

I guess pollution is pretty serious in that area as well.

Then, I continue with my thing. After a while, I sensed something. A 'something' was on the hook. I was like darn excited, I thought it's a fish.

But when I started rolling back the string, that 'something' did not struggle at all. It was pretty smooth. And yea, I got nothing but a grass. Fcuk~~

Then, another half an hour passed~~ Boredom started rising again.

Another half an hour passed again. Boredom was on the air~~

Even, the 'fish expert' was 'bertafakur' in a sitting mode..

It was almost 10 and as usual, hunger was attacking someone(You all should know who la). I did not want to ciao but majority rules. That fella drove there some more. And with that, it left me no option.

After finished packing, we put all the stuffs in the car and makan at donno-what-name restaurant. The restaurant is pretty standard and the seafood there is cheap(duhh?? it's a fish village).. Anyway, we ordered 7 dishes. The photos will do the talking~~

Crap, I don't know the correct word of this dish in chinese(is it 螺) and english as well.

Curry shark meat

Crispy fried oyster(ooh2 jian1)

Steamed tiger prawn with egg(another 2 makan-ed edy)

Fried cuttle fish


No photos for the lala and vege. We were way too busy feeding ourselves.

The food was good and we enjoyed it. But from the trip, I made a conclusion,

FISHING IS BORING.

It sucks~~

1 comment:

AhKenn said...

Well, at least the seafood was nice.....