Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Face adrenalin, Bungy bungy~~

Some might know that I went to South Africa last year for a month stay till beginning of Jan 2008. Well, I did many things there and experienced a lot of exhilarating stuffs. One of them was bungy-jumping..

Anyway, I didn't go to the world's highest bungy bridge, Bloukrans. It was because we stayed too far from the place. It is located between Mossel Bay(There is a very cool beach and one of the must-try thingy is the steam train) and Port Elizabeth. You can get more infomation from here.

So, my friends and I went to the Gourits' bungy bridge to try our first bungee jump. We were so excited and insisted to go though it was raining. According to them, it is very dangerous and accident tend to happen when it's raining. But well, we are VIPs from Malaysia, of course they let us try la..

It was freezing cold probably because it was raining. Yet, we were very excited and thrilled. Can you imagine?? 120km/hr?? It was and still is the best real adrenalin rush I have ever experienced.


Anyway, before we go down, they wanted us to sign the papers and bla bla. Then, they measured our weights. Apparently, they will be using different strings for different catogories. I was in the category B, 63kg. I wonder, Kenn will be in what category?? H?? Haha..


Then, they tied my legs carefully and I was quite bored because it took like 20 minutes? My patience level was kindof low and I can't wait jumping down from the bridge. It is only 65 metres waddd?? How hard could it be?


When they put me on the 'palang', when I looked down, I started to think, why am I doing this? I was scared. Seriously, I was like WTF?? This is so not like 65 metres?? The fear boosted when I saw the rubber string. The diameter of the bloody string is just like 3 to 4cm?? I will be depending on this fragile-looking string to stay alive?? Then, I looked back and my host father said 'bye bye' to me. Holy crap. It was very wtf-ing.. Anyway, this is the view from the bridge.

Suddenly, the fella who was holding me started to shout. "REadyyyyyyyy?? In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and bungyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.." I was soooooooo not ready yet and the son of biaaatch just pushed me, without giving me time to be emotinally ready~~ I was like FCUK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! and dropped I was. It is in the video and you can hear some sreaming and see some funny, awkward pose.

But, after the jump, huiiyoo.. I was like laughing non-stop, like having sugar rush. It was so fun yet a bit too short, way too short. I was so hyper, darn hyper and was jumping here and there.

I felt darn good. I felt so good that I am still alive.

I wanted to do it again but my host father was in the car getting ready to go back. I kept on viewing the video in my friend's camera and mine. Yea, I was holding my camera while doing it. Luckily, my camera didn't drop. Anyway, it was darn fcuking fun and I definitely will do it again, at Bloukrans, at the the world's highest bungry bridge.

So, who's with me?

No comments: